AMPlumni Bands are bands that are made up of a majority of current and former musicians who have participated in programming from the Academy of Musical Performance, a non-profit music education and community organization. AMP is working to further young musicians’ passion outside of the AMP program by:
- Rockin’ On!: providing band management and development courses inside and outside of our AMP rehearsal facilities
- Rockin’ Out!: providing real-life performance opportunities for AMPbassador bands at real venues and events around the Coachella Valley
- Rehearsal Space Rental
BAND Management course
AMP's Rockin' On program was developed for teenage bands in the Coachella Valley who want to take their band to the next level. We work with bands on self-management techniques in order to demonstrate viable business practices that musicians can use in their band and translate to future business endeavors.
Rockin' On consists of 10 sessions of consultation and development with members of the band. By the end of the course, bands will have the tools to be able to run a successful band enterprise, based on their interests, goals, skills, and opportunities.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about how your act can get involved in our Rockin' On program.
Gigs through AMP
Looking for more gigs for your new band or as a solo performer? AMP can help you. If you are willing to represent AMP out in our community as an AMPbassador band, we can connect your band to gigs!
To be considered as an AMPbassador:
- Send in an sample video/demo of the band and band’s set list to email@example.com
- Video needs to show 4+ songs performed live by band
If approved as an AMPbassador, AMP will reach out to you when performance opportunities for your band arise
Bands will act as respectful and rockin' representatives of the AMP program at the gig
- AMP will handle the communication and setup of the event and will provide an on-site Band Coach, depending on band/gig needs
- AMP graciously accepts any donation from the event in order to cover our program costs
- Bands and performers need to apply annually
- Don't forget to bring your tip jar and merch!