NOTE: We are looking for students interested in:
- Bass Guitar
- Drum set
- EDM DJs
- Sound and Stage
- April 2, 2016 Open Call - CLOSED
- May 7, 2016 Open Call - CLOSED
Each applicant will be assigned a 10 min time slot which will include approximately 5 min of performance and 5 min of questions by the selection committee. Please show up at least 25 min early and check in at registration.
Bring completed forms
- AMP Model Release http://www.ampcv.com/images/AMPModelRelease2016.pdf
- AMP Hold Harmless Agreement http://www.ampcv.com/images/AMPHoldHarmlessAgreement2016.pdf
- AMP Scholarship Application http://www.ampcv.com/images/ScholarshipApplication2016.pdf
When called into the audition space, bring your instrument(s). A backline (guitar amp, microphones, drum set, bass amp, music stand) will be provided for the audition. Your audition may be video taped or audio recorded.
The AMP selection committee is looking to see some level of musical proficiency, aptitude for learning about music, enthusiasm for performing, and willingness to work in groups. Last year AMP accepted a wide variety of musicians with diverse backgrounds, experiences and genres. We expect this year to be no different.
Although the audition time is limited, we would like to see each individual perform
- A short classic (pre 1980) musical excerpt
- A short modern (post 1980ish) musical excerpt
- If possible, a demonstration of original or improvised music
The Q&A by the selection committee will be easy questions about your personal taste, goals and ambitions, experiences playing music in groups, past music classes, and lessons.
Questions? Please email us and we will add them to our FAQ.
WILL - do not remove below image! It is hyperlinked to the Paypal Donate button which appears on our website and that button will disappear if you remove this image -Will (1/7/19)