AMPbassador Bands are bands that are made up of a majority of current and former musicians who have participated in programming from the Academy of Musical Performance, a non-profit music education and community organization. AMP is working to further young musicians’ passion outside of the AMP program by:
- Rockin’ Out!: providing real-life performance opportunities for AMPbassador bands at real venues and events around the Coachella Valley
- Rockin’ On!: providing independent band coaching inside and outside of our AMP rehearsal facilities
Gigs through AMP
Looking for more gigs for your new band or as a solo performer? AMP can help you. If you are willing to represent AMP out in our community as an AMPbassador band, we can connect your band to gigs!
To be considered as an AMPbassador:
- Send in an sample video/demo of the band and band’s set list to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video needs to show 4+ songs performed live by band
If approved as an AMPbassador, AMP will reach out to you when performance opportunities for your band arise
Bands will act as respectful and rockin' representatives of the AMP program at the gig
- AMP will handle the communication and setup of the event and will provide an on-site Band Coach, depending on band/gig needs
- AMP graciously accepts any donation from the event in order to cover our AMPbassador program costs
- Bands and performers need to apply annually
- Don't forget to bring your tip jar and merch!
BAND COACHING / Rehearsal space
(coming soon!) AMP is pleased to offer our new AMP rehearsal space to bands of AMPlumni at an affordable price point. Our AMP space has a full backline of a full drumset, a full PA, two guitar amps, a bass combo, an 88-key weighted keyboard, music stands, and cables. AMP's Band Coaching helps keep musicians focused as they progress in a positive musical outlet and allows for students to learn from professional musicians about best practices for being in an active gigging original or cover band.
Email AMP at email@example.com to schedule your rehearsals and request your coach. Coaches are determined by availability.
Rehearsal Rate (Band Coach):
Band Coaching (in facility): TBA
Rehearsal Rate (no Band Coach):
AMP space: TBA
Band will work with AMP to determine a consistent weekly time for rehearsals. AMP does have a capacity for the amount of bands we can serve.
PayPal invoice (beginning of month for all sessions that month)
Please let both AMP (Will Sturgeon), your band, and your band coach know as soon as you know of an individual conflict. Cancellations of individual students are not eligible for a refund.
If the whole band wants to cancel or reschedule a rehearsal, you must let AMP and the band coach know 3 days prior to the rehearsal. Cancellations during this time are eligible for a refund with a 10% merchant and admin fee deducted.
Rehearsals cancelled more than 3 days before and not rescheduled are eligible for a full refund. Full rehearsal cancellations within 3 days of the rehearsal will be charged to your account as a rehearsal.